Within Temptation Argentina

¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

PRIMER Web/Sitio Y Foro OFICIAL De Within Temptation En Argentina

Espacios Dark Wings

Entrevista en inglés WT_ARGENTINA_FOTOLOGcopia-1
Entrevista en inglés WT_ARGENTINA_YOUTUBEcopia-1
Entrevista en inglés WT_ARGENTINA_LASTFM-1
Entrevista en inglés WT_ARGENTINA_BLOG-1

Entrevista en inglés WT_ARGENTINA_FACE-1
Entrevista en inglés WT_ARGENTINA_TWITTERcopia-1
https://2img.net/h/i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/YamWt/wtperu-myspace-1.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/YamWt/WT_ARGENTINA_FLICKR-1.jpg
Entrevista en inglés WT_ARGENTINA_FACE-1

Tagboard

Últimos temas

» Me presento
Entrevista en inglés EmptyLun 24 Mar 2014 - 21:24 por Ice queen

» Tarja en rosario (Teatro el Círculo)-26/03/2011
Entrevista en inglés EmptyLun 14 Oct 2013 - 17:16 por fabianNW

» <--CLASES DE GUITARRA--> Metal En Todas Sus Variantes (Cabildo y Juramento)
Entrevista en inglés EmptyJue 10 Oct 2013 - 23:17 por Roskotroff

» Cambios y mas cambios!
Entrevista en inglés EmptySáb 24 Ago 2013 - 2:11 por YaM

» vuelve el perro arrepentido xD (?)
Entrevista en inglés EmptyMiér 8 Mayo 2013 - 17:49 por Ice queen

» me presento
Entrevista en inglés EmptyMiér 27 Mar 2013 - 18:19 por Ice queen

» Entrevista a Sharon para Requiem
Entrevista en inglés EmptyVie 11 Ene 2013 - 18:52 por victor dagostino

» Hola ;)
Entrevista en inglés EmptyMiér 8 Ago 2012 - 22:51 por azkaban

» alguien me podria decir donde puedo bajar el dvd mother earth tour??????
Entrevista en inglés EmptyMar 7 Ago 2012 - 3:20 por archanhell

» hola gente hermosa
Entrevista en inglés EmptyMiér 30 Mayo 2012 - 17:02 por Ice queen

» Sharon en cantó en el fashion show de Ronald Kolk
Entrevista en inglés EmptyDom 20 Mayo 2012 - 20:38 por MattDynem

» Hola a todos desde Rosariooo!! :)
Entrevista en inglés EmptyMar 17 Abr 2012 - 6:23 por agneta

» Trivium - Heavy Metal.
Entrevista en inglés EmptyDom 25 Mar 2012 - 22:20 por MattDynem

» Bienvenidos a WT Argentina 6.0 - WT 2011
Entrevista en inglés EmptySáb 17 Mar 2012 - 6:40 por agneta

» Holas!
Entrevista en inglés EmptyMiér 14 Mar 2012 - 17:06 por Ice queen

» Merchandising oficial de DW.
Entrevista en inglés EmptySáb 10 Mar 2012 - 17:57 por barlesr

» Nightwish - The Crow The Owl and the Dove- Single
Entrevista en inglés EmptyMiér 29 Feb 2012 - 19:28 por Cecilia

» Hola!!
Entrevista en inglés EmptyLun 20 Feb 2012 - 19:08 por Ari-WT FAN!!!

» Hola a todos!!!
Entrevista en inglés EmptyLun 20 Feb 2012 - 0:50 por -.Austro.-

» Within Temptation - Argentina 10/02/12
Entrevista en inglés EmptyVie 17 Feb 2012 - 15:29 por agneta

Los posteadores más activos de la semana

No hay usuarios

Ultimo Video

Sondeo

Que te parecio la version 6.0?

Ver los resultados

Contador De Visitas

Entrevista en inglés

Cecilia
    Cecilia
    Estas Enloqueciendo
    Estas Enloqueciendo

Femenino Virgo Serpiente Mensajes Totales : 6720
    Tu Nombre : Cecilia
    Fecha de nacimiento : 04/09/1989
    Ciudad, Provincia Y Pais : San Lorenzo, Santa Fe, Argentina
    Empleo/Ocios : Estudiante de Facultad
    Humor : Sarcástico
    Musica : Within Temptation, Stream of Passion, The Gathering, Tarja Turunen, Nightwish(con Tarja), Elfonia, Agua de Annique.

Entrevista en inglés Empty Entrevista en inglés

Mensaje por Cecilia Lun 9 Nov 2009 - 20:08

Dutch singer wants to rock out 'In Your Room'

Sunday, November 8, 2009

In the lead up to a pair of shows in Turkey with Danny Cavanagh on Dec. 25-26, Dutch alt-rock frontwoman Anneke van Giersbergen chats about her musical past and present. The former singer for Dutch metal band The Growing, Giersbergen shows off her new solo album as Agua de Annique, entitled ‘In Your Room’

Anneke van Giersbergen has been mystifying thousands of fans with her deep, soulful voice since her debut with The Gathering, a Dutch alternative rock band, in the mid-1990s. Now fronting her solo outfit Agua de Annique, Giersbergen is on the eve of releasing her new album, “In Your Room.”

“It came out to be exactly the way I wanted,” she told the Hurriyet Daily News & Economic Review, adding that this album is different in a few ways to “Air,” her solo debut, which revolved around the theme of flight. “[The new album] does not really have a concept, but it is kind of like the opposite of ‘Air’ in its meaning. ‘Air’ was about flying, going out into the sky – big and all that. With this album, the title says it all: ‘In Your Room.’ A confined space, small, clear, no nonsense,” Giersbergen explained. “An album is always like a part, a phase of your life, like a diary. I just felt more transparent, more introspective this time.”

Unlike during her time with The Gathering, Giersbergen currently spends less time in the recording studio, even though she has one in her home. “I like the songs to be finished and then go into the studio to record. I am not into searching for sounds for hours and hours,” she said, describing the biggest difference between writing and recording with her past and current bands. Not that she is badmouthing the former outfit. When asked how she likes the new album by The Gathering, her reply was simple: “It is great.” There are no clichéd rock n’ roll ego trips here.

Still, Giersbergen’s approach is unusual as many artists with the luxury of home studios enjoy practically living in there. “It is really dangerous to have your own studio because then it can take a year for recording,” she said. “I like the songs to be finished before recording, so there is no discussion in the studio. It is not inspiring to have discussions about where the chorus should be, where the bridge should be, when you are actually recording. I am all for a fast and good job.”

The first two songs to appear on MySpace prior to the album’s release are “Hey Okay” and “Adore.” The former is a very catchy song, set to become the first single, and features a homemade video edited from footage shot during the recording sessions. “Adore” questions the role that electric guitars will play on this album: “On this album, although it’s a bit of a poppy, alternative-pop sound, there is a kind of crunchy guitar on it. With ‘Air,’ it was more like big guitar,” said Giersbergen.

At the time of the interview, it had not yet been announced that Giersbergen will play Turkey alongside Anathema singer Danny Cavanagh on Dec. 25 and 26, but their recent musical partnership came up in conversation. Anathema and The Gathering had known each other since the early days. Giersbergen said she and Cavanagh wanted to play together for a long time but that it could not be realized until recently: “Even though we had met every once in a while, it was only three years ago when we said, ‘Seriously, let’s make some music together.’ So we kept in contact and started thinking about doing shows together and an album.” They played a few shows at different venues while recording the live album, “In Parallel.” As for the shows in Turkey, nothing is certain at this point apart from the dates.

Anathema is considered among the founding fathers of English doom metal, which is considered metal at its slowest and saddest, but, along with Giersbergen, both musicians are playing to a more varied audience these days. Before Giersbergen started singing with The Gathering, the group was just another metal band from Holland. Her voice made all the difference on the band’s 1995 album “Mandylion,” earning The Gathering immediate recognition.

But the transformation did not end there. Throughout the years, The Gathering experimented with new styles, losing some of its diehard metal fans, while gaining new listeners from the ranks of alternative rock, pop and shoegaze.

Giersbergen agreed: “It is true that in every phase of our musical existence, the fan base is changing. But there are still a lot of people there since 1995 because as they grow up, they get into more kinds of music. And these days, like you said, we are more into alternative pop and rock, but today the rock and metal scene is so big people are more open minded.” When it was suggested that Giersbergen seems to have the best of both worlds, she smiled, saying, “Yes, I do.”

It is perhaps surprising that Giersbergen has apparently never even thought of recording a commercial pop album, since she definitely has the voice and looks to beat MTV stars at their own game. The devil has never tempted her into making millions, she said.

“I do not think it is the devil’s work, pop music,” she joked. “I think I will always be in alternative music. I always do what my heart tells me and if that is pop music, well, that is awesome. It does not matter what name you stick on it, but I think the genre [in the mainstream] is sometimes a bit empty; it’s all about the looks, the outside. Still, it is entertainment; if you like to look at it, it’s all right.”

Giersbergen ended the interview with another laugh: “Of course, I’d like my album to be successful – but I’ll never deal with the devil!"
    Cecilia
    Cecilia
    Estas Enloqueciendo
    Estas Enloqueciendo

Femenino Virgo Serpiente Mensajes Totales : 6720
    Tu Nombre : Cecilia
    Fecha de nacimiento : 04/09/1989
    Ciudad, Provincia Y Pais : San Lorenzo, Santa Fe, Argentina
    Empleo/Ocios : Estudiante de Facultad
    Humor : Sarcástico
    Musica : Within Temptation, Stream of Passion, The Gathering, Tarja Turunen, Nightwish(con Tarja), Elfonia, Agua de Annique.

Entrevista en inglés Empty Re: Entrevista en inglés

Mensaje por Cecilia Mar 10 Nov 2009 - 3:13

despues la leo, no tengo ganas de leer y menos en ingles jaja

Fecha y hora actual: Lun 20 Mayo 2024 - 18:47